Fenestration products installed in South African buildings have to comply with South African Building Regulations. Furthermore property owners require quality lasting aluminium products in their buildings. Crealco products offer both if:
- Products are designed using free Crealco design software for compliance and quality assurance;
- Fabricated using genuine Wispeco material (beware of imitations);
- Industry precautionary and Wispeco fabrication guidelines are followed and
- The products are maintained correctly.
There are four main sections of South African Building Legislation that windows and doors of any material need to comply with, namely:
- SANS 10400 N – The application of the National Building Regulations Part N: Safety Glazing
- SANS 613 – Fenestration products: Mechanical/Structural performance criteria
- SANS 10400 XA – The application of the National Building Regulations Part XA : Energy usage in buildings
- SANS 204 – Energy efficiency of building
SOFTWARE – DESIGN, SPECIFICIATION & COMPLIANCE ASSURANCE
All Wispeco Aluminium’s Crealco products are type tested by AAAMSA’s (Architectural Aluminium Association of South Africa) SANAS accredited test rig and SAFIERA’s (South African Fenestration, Insulation Energy Rating Association) rotatable guarded hot box for mechanical and energy efficiency performance compliance.
Wispeco have over time developed FREE innovative software programs to assist various levels of the window and door supply chain with designing, specifying, fabricating and installing compliant and durable Crealco windows and doors. The Crealco software packages are all FREELY available to architectural building professionals and aluminium window and door fabricators.
- Starfront is a design, estimating and fabrication program that is Agrément (construction technical assessment agency) certified for use by window and door fabricators to ensure they design, cost and fabricate Crealco product that is compliant to building regulations for a specific location. View Introduction or Overview video.
- U-Solve is a design, budget and energy efficiency compliance calculation program used by architects to design and specify Crealco products for a project. It is Agrément certified and SAFIERA endorsed with its data based on real actual U-Values and SHGC allowing compliant design for a specific buildings’ energy efficiency requirement for a specific location. View detailed brochure.
- FPD (Fenestration Performance Declaration) is a one page project specific compliance assurance declaration that is issued by aluminium fabricators with a unique traceable declaration number that confirm compliance with all relevant building regulations in terms of the projects design, material use, fabrication, glazing, installation and maintenance methods. It serves as a document that enables Architects and Building Contractors to sign off the project with confidence. View detailed brochure.
CLEANING, MAINTENANCE & PREVENTION GUIDELINES
To preserve and correctly maintain Crealco aluminium fenestration products to ensure longevity in conjunction with Building Regulation Compliance, please refer to the following industry guidelines:
- Coastal & Hazardous areas precautions
• AFSA – Corrosion pocket guide
• Akzo Nobel – Hazardous environment guidelines
• Akzo Nobel – Corrosion Prevention – Edge Coating
• AFSA – Surface finishing and cleaning guide
• AAAMSA – Surface finishing and cleaning guide
- Installation, Cleaning & Maintenance
• Akzo Nobel – Prevention, cleaning & maintenance guide
• Ferro – Cleaning & maintenance guide
• Crealco – Installation, cleaning and maintenance guide
Never use acid or ammonia based or mould resistant silicone, sealants or cleaning detergents on aluminium profiles! Follow silicon sealant surface preparation guidelines.